Monday, March 2, 2009

Roquefort Mustard

I love buffalo chicken with bleu cheese sauce, but I always feel like that sauce is needlessly heavy and insipid. Then, in early 2007, I was at the Stonewall Kitchen store in Maine, and I discovered their Blue Cheese Herb Mustard. This is an excellent product, but--you know me and processed food--I wanted to make it myself.

I experimented with gorgonzola, which was way too sharp and not creamy enough. Then I turned to roquefort, and it provided a beautiful smoothness whose pungency played right off that of the mustard. It screamed out for tarragon, and that was that. Try this on your buffalo wings; I promise you won't be disappointed.

INGREDIENTS:
  • 4 oz dijon mustard
  • 2 oz. roquefort cheese
  • 2 tsp. dried tarragon
DIRECTIONS:

Combine all ingredients in a small bowl or mini-prep.

No comments: