Friday, May 29, 2009

Baba ghannouj

I tried to make baba ghannouj several years ago using a recipe, and concluded that it was a hassle. Today, I decided to try it entirely by feel and concluded that the recipe I'd tried was stupid. Baba is really easy. I wish I'd had this epiphany before.

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 eggplant
  • 3 tbsp lemon juice
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 3 tbsp tahini
  • 3/4 tsp salt
  • 1-2 cloves garlic, peeled
  • 1/2 jalapeƱo (optional)
DIRECTIONS:
  1. Slice the eggplant the long way into 3/4" slices. (Do not peel.)
  2. Arrange the slices on a broiler pan and broil on high for 10 minutes per side.
  3. Transfer all the eggplant and all other ingredients to the food processor.
  4. Process until desired consistency has been reached. Adjust seasonings if desired.
Serves two; recipe scales easily.

No comments: